The Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commisssion is hosting multiple free training opportunities for those looking to become certified in watercraft inspection and decontamination. Dates vary throughout the first three months of 2023. Visit the respective pages for specific dates.
Level 1-Inspector Training
- Directed at state, federal, and local natural resource staff, as well as anyone who operates or inspects boats
- Species of concern and their respective problems will be addressed
- Basic mussel biology, distribution, pathways of introduction, and impacts will be highlighted
- Protocols for inspecting trailered watercraft will be presented
Level 2-Inspector and Decontaminator Training
- Includes the material presented in Level 1. You do not need to register for Level 1 to attend Level 2.
- A heavy emphasis on watercraft decontamination and inspection will be included.
Level 3-Trainer Training
- For anyone interested in teaching Level 1 and Level 2 courses
- You must have completed the Level 2 course and at least 50 inspections and 5 full decontaminations