Calling all citizen scientists and program managers! Several regional agencies and organizations have partnered to convene the first-ever Pacific Northwest Citizen Science Summit.
Do you participate or manage a project or program that engages community members to collect and analyze information? Whether it is a small or large effort and regardless of the focus we want you to attend a landmark event to discover opportunities to collaborate and amplify cumulative impacts.
The overall objective of the summit is to connect citizen science practitioners and managers for the purpose of creating partnerships and synergies between projects. Specifically, the summit has the following goals:
- Bring awareness of existing programs and share successes
- Enhance communication and collaboration between programs
- Share strategies and tools for participant retention and the benefit of new programs
- Highlight best practices and data standards
- Facilitate a discussion about formalizing PNWCitSci.org as an organization to host future summits
The event will be held between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on October 26th and October 27th, 2021 via Zoom webinar. Learn more and register today by visiting https://pnwcitsci.org/. Subscribe to pnwCitSciemail@example.com to join a mailing list so that you’ll receive a future call for abstracts and agenda.